Dyzzi

Thursday, October 03, 2013

ALESSO Announces November North American Tour

ALESSO—real-name Alessandro Lindblad, a Stockholm native of Italian ancestry and Sweden's hottest new export--has announced his first full North American Tour.  After selling out the famous Brixton Academy in London and teasing the internet with CCTV footage, an Uprising will be coming across the Atlantic this November.  Pre-sale tickets will be available this Wednesday, September 18 starting at 10 am at www.alessoworld.com/wanttickets.com with general on sale starting this Friday, September 20 at 10 am via www.alessoworld.com
Launching November 2 with his residency show at LIGHT at Mandalay Bay in Los Vegas, ALESSO’s tour covers most major North American cities with stops at such landmark venues as Sound Academy in Toronto, The Shrine in Los Angeles, The Park at Petco Park in San Diego and Aragon Ballroom in Chicago.  There is alsoa major New Years Eve show at Pier 94 in New York City.
The producer, who just wrapped filming a video in Los Angeles with Calvin Harris and Theo Hurts for their new and as yet unreleased song, “Under Control,” explained what the tour was about:
''I have only been DJ'ing in front of crowds for just over two years.  My fifth show was main stage EDC in Vegas and now I am playing huge venues and writing with legends like Calvin Harris and Ryan Tedder. Throughout the tour I will be giving away and premiering music that maps my two year journey, which has been the best two years of my life, thanks to all of you.
At the same time while I have travelled all around the world I have watched the scene I enjoy so much see the same rise. I have seen crowds from Asia to India to all across Europe and America as well as in my home country of Sweden, grow so fast it’s incredible. I never fully understand how the music travels so fast to every corner of the globe so when I land crowds are singing my brand new music right back at me…there is no feeling like that in the world….and it inspires me all the time.
I felt like this huge explosion was as amazing for everyone else as it was for my own personal journey, like we were all in this together, taking to the dance floor, hands in the air, like it was an Uprising. Electronic music has re-written the rules on how we all go out, and every time I look a crowd in the eye I feel part of something.  I feel like we grew up together while the world watches! And so Uprising will take to the streets in November, I hope you will join me, and I will announce more dates as soon as I can for the rest of the world''
ALESSO has had a massive year with main stage shows at Ultra, Summerburst Sweden, Electric Zoo NYC (listen here: http://smarturl.it/AlessoEZoo), Creamfields, Dance Valley Holland, Tomorrowlands, Radio 1 Ibiza and Departures Ibiza, supporting Swedish House Mafia on One Last Tour  and residency at The Light Vegas.  Next he will appear at Tomorroworld at the end of September in Atlanta and the Stereosonic Festival in Australia in November.
From his debut single “Nillionaire” and breaking through with the dark and energized “Raise Your Head,” ALESSO has had successive Beatport chart toppers via Refune Records label of Sebastian Ingrosso of Swedish House Mafia who signed the artist to his label and management company two years ago. His discography is one to be desired, with “Calling” alongside Sebastian Ingrosso, “Years” ft Matthew Koma, the 2013 summer anthem “If I Lose Myself,” a One Republic remix to his latest collaboration with Calvin Harris featuring  Theo Hurts, “Under Control.”  Expect all these tracks and new material on the tour and ways to download them via his website.
ALESSO’s North American Uprising dates are as follows:
DATE CITY VENUE
Sat 11/2 Las Vegas, NV Light
Fri 11/8 Toronto, ON Sound Academy
Sat 11/9 Montreal QC New City Gas
Sun 11/10 Vancouver, BC PNE
Wed  11/13 Las Vegas NV Light
Thu 11/14 Seattle, WA Showbox at Sodo
Fri 11/15 San Diego, CA Petco Parking Lot of Baseball Stadium
Sat 11/16 Las Vegas, NV Light
Wed 11/20 Boston, MA House of Blues
Thu 11/21 Detroit, MI The Fillmore
Fri 11/22 Los Angeles, CA Shrine
Sat 11/23 Chicago, IL Aragon Ballroom
Sat 12/28 Washington, DC Echostage
Tue 12/31 New York, NY Pier 94

No comments:

Post a Comment